Ocena wątku:
  • 0 Głosów - 0 Średnio
Tilley X246B 500CP
Czy ktoś jest w posiadaniu lampy z parownikiem i siatką na 500CP?
A jak to wyglada?
Z tego co wyczytałem to dłuższa jest ta dolna część na którą zakłada sie siateczkę. No musi być taka bo i siateczka większa. Dodatkowo ten kapturek mieszalnika/palnika jest większy, bo też potrzeba więcej mieszanki. Pozostałe części jak i cała konstrukcja jest identyczna jak w zwykłych X246B.

Tu jest kilka słów wyjaśnienia w starosłowiańskim języku Big Grin

Cytat:I'm somewhat bemused by these '500cp' lanterns.

When I first looked at them, the only difference I could detect was that the burner had a longer spigot to accommodate a larger mantle. Fair enough - bigger surface area to incandesce; more light output. That assumes, of course, that the vapouriser can produce sufficient paraffin vapour and the burner can mix it with sufficient air and flow the resulting mixture in sufficient quantity to 'fill' the larger mantle. Hmmm...

So I phoned Tilley to ask if there was a 500cp vapouriser to be had. No, I was told, the 500cp lantern uses the standard 606 vapouriser as fitted to the 300cp lanterns. The next step was to obtain a 500cp burner and use it make an ersatz X246B500 from new parts. I recall that, although it was bright, it wasn't a convincing 500cp due to some areas of the mantle glowing with a greyish tinge - see Mr. O's lowest image. I concluded the mantle wasn't being sufficiently filled. I've just re-lit it and it's exactly the same as I remembered.

Now, I see that Base-Camp are offering a 500cp 606 vapouriser but Tilley aren't - not listed at all, not even as out-of-stock.

I've a 'proper' (i.e. made by Tilley) 500cp lantern coming in the next few weeks so it'll be interesting to see how that performs in comparison with my attempt at it. Watch this space, folks...

Edit - it occurs to me that if you have a used 606 vapouriser with an enlarged jet i.e. worn, not clogged, maybe that would be OK to then use on a 500cp lantern because it would provide a larger amount to vapour to the burner. Just thinking aloud...
http://www.classicpressurelamps.com/foru...242142cc8/

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości