Ocena wątku:
  • 0 Głosów - 0 Średnio
I am going to make a new tophat for my Primus 1381
This is the technic I will use. Does any of you Guys try this ? Idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHvtieU4-7Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtEfTSC1PKc

I doesent look difficult. I will try first to make a form of hard-wood and see how it goes. I am not into mass-production so if the wooden form holds to just 2-3 then I will be a happy daneSmile
Ciesz

Mikołaj

Załączone pliki Miniatury

Good luck Smile
I think, that it is not so hard task if you have your workshop equiped with all tools like lathe etc. and have a little expirience.
I had a time in my life when I worked with analog lathes and I think that was quite fun and not so hard.
So, now we wait for a movie from your work Smile

btw, if you will make wooden forms from hard wood like beech etc. it should stay for many many more then two or three hard-tops Wink

once again, good luck!
Musi być dosyć światła, żeby przy nim widzieć ciemność.
Zawód zmierzchowy w naszej szarej rzeczywistości ... drykier Heart.
Pozdrawiam.
Dymogeneratory Smok >>> Helica
(25-10-2014, 22:16)spiromax napisał(a): Zawód zmierzchowy w naszej szarej rzeczywistości ... drykier Heart.
Pozdrawiam.

Chyba nie jest aż tak źle... Trochę rzeczy jeszcze się robi i to za grubą kasę - np. instrumenty dęte.
Swoją drogą zastanawiałem się, czy jest jakieś mądrzejsze słowo na wyoblarkę po angielsku niż lathe ;]
Well this is also a sort of "instrumenty dęte" I am going to makeWink

Mikolaj
yap, technique is this same: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5LqrMcq1QE#t=115
Podobno takie coś ( wyoblanie a nie cały instrument) potrafi zrobić każdy tokarz jesli tylko ma czym i z czego. Kwestia jak zwykle "chcenia" albo "nie chcenia" tokarza i kwestii za ile ?
serwisploterow.myds.me - jeśli potrzebujesz naprawić coś na pograniczu elektroniki, automatyki, łączności odezwij się prywatnie Idea
(27-10-2014, 19:26)divemaster napisał(a): Podobno takie coś ( wyoblanie a nie cały instrument) potrafi zrobić każdy tokarz jesli tylko ma czym i z czego. Kwestia jak zwykle "chcenia" albo "nie chcenia" tokarza i kwestii za ile ?

Yeah but - a top for a Primus 1381 is made of iron and not soft brass and that bothers me a bit. It have to be iron while it later is going to be enameled green. That is not possible to do with brass.
Iron is no so shapeable as brass and if Wood wont hold, then I dont know what to make the form of Dodgy

Mikolaj
If it should be made of steel you should ask for proper kind of steel. Probably it is possible to do that if you made that steel very hot. Mayby it is possible to made it from a kind of metal ( steel ) cup or similar thing?
serwisploterow.myds.me - jeśli potrzebujesz naprawić coś na pograniczu elektroniki, automatyki, łączności odezwij się prywatnie Idea
If you want to enamel it later, you have to use special steel for enameling like DC0x EK.
x defines level of 'drawability'. I used DC01 EK2 (british CR 3 VE) for enameling.
Becouse you want to enamel it later, steel can be very, very thin (if you ever tried to sandblast enameling from some original roof/lantern, you know what I am talking about).
Thin steel is almost as soft as brass - you can easly bend it in hour hands, so it is no problem for lathe and wooden form. It gets hard and inflexible after enamel coat.

Of corse, you can make harder form from harder materials like epoxy.

BTW, it is possible to enamel brass and copper, but it is very hard to find someone who knows how to do this.

Here are steel types with standard designations in different countries: http://www.mpmetal.com/steelstandard.php - this should be helpful when you search for correct steel for do your top.

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości